Thursday, November 17, 2005

Fast?




So it sounded like we weren’t going to get the house on Maple at the last minute. Because they were so close to foreclosure they had couldn’t get the loan payoff amount figured with the attorney fees added in, in time for tomorrow’s close (Friday). Then after I had pretty much resigned the situation as just not being a part of The Big Guy’s plan, it came through. I’m happy and anxious and excited but I was all of those things before too so I’m kind of just a little tired now on top of it all. Thanks for your prayers good people.
Angie (my sister) was here today and she and her hubby will be up next week for some Wild Turkey. Not the drink, actually it’s probably not going to even be wild. But anyway, I was so dazed with my world of confusion and what-not to really visit much so next week I hope we can catch up more.
Today I did retakes at the daycare and the little ones were really cute. Got some great feedback on the Old Testament thoughts. I think Kyle and Jane are both right but it’s just so weird to think about what those guys way back then had to do to be holy. I remember one time Brian Hudkins asking us to pray and to fast if we are called to. I was like, “Fast? What’s that? You mean BREAK-fast, right? You want some waffles?” And then I was all interested in studying about modern-day spiritual fasting. (Not that I could pull it off for more than a few minutes but hey, I can dream).
So then, what about fasting? When do we do it? Why do we do it? When do we teach people about it?
While you ponder that:
“I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas.”

1 comment:

Angie said...

I fasted one time. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do, besides giving birth. Tony asked Kyle and me to do this with the teens. We agreed. When I was fasting, it was hard not to think about food. Just having a little something was all that I wanted. Not even a full course meal. It's funny how the brain takes over your body. I think if I did it all by myself, I'm not sure I would make the 24-hour fast. So, it was easier having others around doing the same thing. All this to say, my focus was on food, but I used that energy to pray and be with God. I'm not sure of the whole idea of fasting. I would like to know more about it and why we are called to do it.
After the fast was over, we all had a BIG breakfast. The taste was amazing and we were all thankful for what God has blessed us with.