Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Pre-Mythology Days




When I was a younger lad, I could stay up to 3am Friday, Saturday and even Sunday nights and be fine and dandy Monday morning. Sure, I probably got more naps back then, (I had some boring professors) but I don’t understand how 9 little girls having a slumber party can wipe me out for a week.



December is a busy month for the Amundson clan. We usually have 3 Christmases and we have 3 of our biggest birthdays of the year (grandparents included). But it’s also really great with the kids still in the “Santa Years”. You never know if it’s going to be the last year before St. Nick becomes mythology to your tikes. And the older they get the harder it is to mislead/deceive/ignore their legitimate questions.




I suppose I should be happy they haven’t pressed about how it is that babies come from the hospital (yet).








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Santa Years? Mythology?

Not sure what you mean, John.

But if you have a question for Santa, it's my understanding he will be making an appearance at the Brookline C o' C on Sunday night!

Hopefully, he doesn't crush your throat with his mind while declaring, "I find your lack of faith disturbing."

Dude, seriously, what if Santa went full bore Vader on you? Dang!

Kyle B.