Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Castaway/Lockdown part II

(See last post if this doesn't make sense)

How about K.B. not even wanting to take the full alloted count of books with him, wow what a tough guy. Let's hope he and his Mrs. Reading Rainbow Angie never go on a cruise or anything or they'll just have to talk to each other and we know that never goes well.

OK, great stuff. (I'm only saying "great stuff" because Erin says I say it too much and I sound like a moron and like I'm trying to be cool or something and I come across more like an even dorkier version of Mr. Rogers).
I thought about putting a photo album in my list but in my little "mental scenario" you have to buy all the books at the prison bookstore or the airport bookstore before the plane goes down so I decided against it. Otherwise, I'd custom make me a book 50,000 pages long with a cover made from raft-capable Styrofoam and I'd have another book where each page is a frozen pizza and blah blah blah. Anyway, great stuff all you who responded. (I picked all of mine without seeing what you did first, honest!) Here's my "brilliant books":

If in prison: The Bible, a book on philosophy, a book on art, a blank book, and of course this one.

If on a deserted island, substitute that last one for this one, and substitute the philosophy book for this little beauty.

Oh, and I thought about Snoop Dogg for a long time of course but I ended up with this album list:

“Dark Side of the Moon” - Pink Floyd
“Abby Road” - Beatles
“Red Headed Stranger” - Willie Nelson
“...And Justice For All” – Metallica
“Crash” – Dave Matthews Band

7 comments:

K.B. said...

Okay, fine. After your drive-by verbal abuse of me at Dairy Queen last evening, I'll tell you my choices...

Books:
1. Bible (the standard first book)
2. Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" (Don't laugh, it's a great book)
3. New York Library's "Guide to Modern Physics and Astronomy" (Without science your brain turns to mush)
4. Wesley-Cambridge Press, "Calculus" (without math your brain turns to mush)
5. Stephen Hawking's 10th Anniversary Edition, "The Illustrated Brief History of Time" (Same great discussion of cosmology and the time-space continuum..........but with more pictures)

Angie said...

Kyle...Do you own the above mentioned books, besides the Bible? I've never heard of these?

John...Why must you be slammin' on us Brice folk?

K.B. said...

Angie, my bride, with the exception of #5 (blatent Christmas advertisement), yes I own, and have read, all those books.

But as none of my books were written by Oprah or Dr. Phil, I would not expect you to know that. Now get back in the kitchen and fix me a turkey pot-pie, woman.

Angie said...

You better be careful for what you ask for. As I remember, you HATE mix veggies but I can be that mean and make it ALL the time. Let's see how much weight you lose then! Sincerely, your bride.

Angie said...

So John. How do you think our conversation is going? We'll bill you for the therapy we'll both need after the many slams. Not sure how much my ego can take!

Mom said...

Brice comments make entertaining reading at 4 a.m. in Japan. Maybe I should have taken my five books with me on this trip. Actually I did take the first one on my list, but that's all.

Angie said...

We do our best to keep the entertainment alive around these parts.