Tuesday, August 29, 2006





Here’s a little something that Erin doesn’t like me to talk about. When I use someone else’s pillow I have really “foreign” dreams. Like when we stay at a hotel or whatever, I have these vivid dreams about people I don’t know and places I’ve never been but are supposed to be familiar. Now, I should say that I usually remember something from my dreams and I suppose that makes me a little bit of a freak. So my theory is that somehow, some way, we leave a little bit of a dream imprint on our pillows that can have some kind of impression on someone else’s dream. Erin’s always telling me, “You aren’t Joseph and you sure aren’t living in Bible times”. I think it really bugs her that I keep bringing it up because I sound like such a nut-case. But every I use a “foreign” pillow, I have a “foreign” dream. Does anybody else ever get that or did I just eat too much paste in grade school?

7 comments:

Angie said...

I'm going to go with PASTE!

Pops said...

I hate to break this to you son, but when you were born we were very, very, very poor. So, we just mixed water with paste..it looked like baby formula...

K.B. said...

Don't knock paste. It's very filling....it really "sticks" to your ribs. -rimshot-

Uncle Rog said...

I think you are confusing paste with glue.........

Chris and Kate Lareau said...

I think you should write a short story about that concept cause I think it's really interesting. And regarding Erin, I've seen her stick her fist in her mouth, so it's not like she's normal. Lovely, yes. Normal? Perhaps not.

I have really insane dreams. But they're not related to the pillow. But that's just me.

karen moreland said...

Sounds like paste to me.
Cousin Karen

amy said...

I like that theory...very universal- like we are all connected in some way...kinda like "Cognito" on X-Men.